Tuesday, January 23, 2007

no duh weight loss program

Nothing about knitting today. Except that I'm working feverishly on my poppy sweater to get it done by super bowl Sunday for my first day at work as a yarn store employee.

I'm not going to post any before and after pics, but just trust me when I say that I've lost 30 pounds in 3 months. How did I do it? I did a no-duh diet program. I cut out cakes, pies, cookies, candy, ice cream, juice, soda, and sugar in my tea. Then I went to the YMCA and excercised on their eliptical trainers and did cybex weight machines 3 to 5 days a week. Results - 30 pounds in 3 months.

I didn't change anything else about my diet. I started out slowly with the work outs. At first all I could do was 10 minutes at a time on the elipticals and only maybe 5 to 20 pounds on the weight machines. Gradually I added one minute more, until now I do 45 to 60 minutes of cardio, and 40 - 180 pounds on the weight machines. I started out going only 3 days per week and now I alternate 4 days and 5 days a week.

Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas were hard. I did eat a few sweets, but I limited it to just a tiny sliver of candy and just a quarter of a slice of pie.

This really is the no - duh diet: cut out sweets, add cardio and strength workouts and you'll lose weight. Is it a pain in the neck to have to reserve 2 hours out of the day to work out. But I get those 2 hours back because I'm not as tired and don't need naps like I used to.

I went from a size 16 to a size 8! Maybe I'll get down even smaller by this summer. Keepin ght sweets out of my diet is the hardest part.

No comments: