Friday, January 12, 2007

Trip Down memory Lane and Entrelac Scarf in Diadomina

Trip down memory lane.
These pictures are from the summer of 2005 when I Crocheted Suzannah a Martha Coming Home poncho in Lion Brand Landscapes yarn. Yes, I was caught up in the Martha Stewart Coming Home Poncho craze. I crocheted a total of three ponchos (of course bought enough yarn for 5 ponchos - but only completed three). One for Suzannah, one for Heidi and one for Zina. All in Lion Brand yarns.





This is the Lucy Neatby Garter Stitch Entrelac Scarf http://www.tradewindknits.com/threvgar.html done with Diakeito Diadomina yarn. Love, love love the yarn and the pattern.
The yarn had the same self patterning in wonderful colorways as Noro, but is much more polished. Diakeito is like a more refined version of Noro. I bought the yarn and the pattern at The Mannings in East Berlin, PA.


These pictures are of an unblocked scarf that has been worn everyday for two months and wrung and twisted every which way.


I started this scarf last summer after I signed up for the "Engineering in Entrelac" class at Stitches East. I signed up first then read the pre-requisit that you must have done entrelac before taking the class. After an exhaustive internet search for an appropriate first entrelac project I was at The Mannings "just looking" and this yarn and this pattern just grabbed my attention.


As with all of Lucy Neatby's patterns it was well written and there wasn't a thing I'd change about it.


Most Entrelac patterns I've seen look, well, yuck. Yuck colors, in unflattering cut. I never met an entrelac pattern that I wanted to knit until...........

Normally I'm not drawm to neutral colors. But this looks like it would be very flattering to my body type. One of these days I'm going to sit down and decipher this pattern and knit it (it is in Japanese, and contrary to popular belief American born Chinese aren't born with the ability to read Japanese).
Right after the 2,000+ other projects I want to knit and crochet.

No comments: