Friday, January 19, 2007

Reversible Rib Cables




Taught my first Reversible Rib Cable class last night. It was a full house (10). The shop where I teach can only handle at most 10 students at a time. I think the class went well. If my students walk away from a class feeling like they learned something they couldn't get from a book or figure out on their own, then I feel like it was a success.





For those of you unfamiliar with reversible rib cables here are pics and a description:





This is a knitting pattern with no wrong sides, ribs, and a different cable on each side. Perfect for afghans and scarves where reversibility is desired.
The two blue swatches are the same swatch (different sides). It was done with Cascade 220 and was my first experience with reversible rib cabling.








The bottom grey scarf as a different cable pattern on either side. It was done with Cascade Baby ALpaca Chunky with done double stranded.
The Cascade baby alapaca Chunky was heavenly soft, but a little too slippery for this project. Plus it didn't block very well. I've started another in Sirdar Nova that I think will go much better.

No comments: