Saturday, September 8, 2007

Berroco Damask Bag

Here is the Berroco Damask bag (before and after felting) done in Ultra Alpaca in the colors Fig and Fennel.















It only took one cycle in the washing machine to get it felted. That Berroco Alpaca felts really well, and is heavenly to work with. I did most of the smaller areas in duplicate stitch.

lessons learned:
  1. Always duplicate stitch smaller intricate areas of intarsia. I tried to do intarsia at the top of the motif and that was a bear.
  2. To make the knitting easier I enlarged the chart by 200%. Since I don't have access to a copy machine I just opened the pdf file at Berroco.com and then enlarged the image. When I went to print out under print range I selected "current view" to get it to print out enlarged.

No comments: